Prof. Michael Bollig
Extensive field research in the nomadic pastoral communities of Kenya (Pokot) and Namibia (Himba).
- Relationship between man and the environment in the arid regions of Africa
- Interdisciplinary cooperation on questions of environmental change and socioeconomic development
- Risk management in rural communities
- Forms of conflict management
- Local innovation and adaptation in the context of global change.
Spokesman for the research group “Resilience, Collapse andReorganisation in the Savannahs of Eastern and Southern Africa”.
Co-founder oft he Global South Studies Center (GSSC). From 2011 until 2015 vice-rector for international affairs at the University of Cologne. Since January 2010 executive director of the Jutta Vogel Stiftung.